- Chennai, 9th July 2019: Two natural gas-powered thermal plants to be set up in Chennai
- New Delhi, 9th July 2019: June spot power price at IEX falls 11 per cent to Rs 3.32 per unit
- New Delhi, 8th July 2019: Rules for captive power plants to be amended to prevent misuse
- Lucknow, 7th July 2019: Uttar Pradesh government posts 560 cops to check power theft
- Ranchi, 6th July 2019: CM Raghubar Das sets July deadline to fix Ranchi power transmission glitches
- New Delhi, 6th July 2019: Budget 2019 reforms, revival expected to infuse fresh energy into power industry
- New Delhi, 5th July 2019: Power PSU investments to dip 23 per cent to Rs 43,667 crore in FY20
- Patiala, 5th July 2019: Punjab fails to clear Rs 14,000 crore power subsidy bill
- Jaipur, 5th July 2019: Kejriwal offers Delhi model to Punjab for cheap electricity rates
SMART ENERGY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (SEMS)
3. SEMS Device
is the intelligent metering device which is connected next to the Main Utility power supply, Back up Gen-sets or any individual feeder. The SEMS device precisely measures the energy parameters at various nodes or at various equipment installed at the premises, and uses the meter’s communication port to fetch the data to the logger which is further communicateswith the main server via reliable communication channel. The data will be accessible at the web browser only to the authorised clients.
Contains a 0.2s Class meter with a data logger along and a communication unit, all equipped in a single non-rustable and durable pvcenclosure. The required CT/PT & power supply connections are sorted on one side of the enclosurefor easy wiring.
SEMS web portal
Allows to visualise the real time data as well as historical data from a minute resolution to an hourly data interval. Report generation facility are also available with custom time range (daily, yesterday, last month or any prescribed time)
List of the energy parameters available on the web portal are listed as annexure -1 of this document.
4. Key Benefits for SEMS in Open Access Trading:
|| Reduce exposure and pilferage by accurate 15 min slot bidding 30 days
|Base Line Monitoring
|| 30 days Baseline creation to keep track of spikes and hence align the bid accordingly
|| Demand Management or load shifting in case of deviation from bid
|| Optimize the energy cost per strategic business unit by managing the cheapest source and aligning the processes
|| Manage Power Factor & Contract demand penalties
|Web Based Access
|| Remotely manage more than one location using the web based access
5. Applications of SEMS:
5.1 Class 0.2s Package:
The Class 0.2s package is an intelligent solution for open access consumer which helps in precise monitoring and controlling power consumption for the purpose of effective energy sale/purchase activities (Open Access Trading).The system will provide a real time accounting of energy consumption or generation in KW/KWH along with the other parameters (as mentioned in the annexure -1) for every 15 minutes time block thereby helping in Base line monitoring and increasing accuracy in bidding.