- New Delhi, 23rd April 2019: Tata Power to focus on clean energy, won't build new coal-fired plants
- New Delhi, 23rd April 2019: Banks association, power sector spar on RBI norms for stressed assets
- New Delhi, 23rd April 2019: Battery storage, smart grid, efficiency firms raise $210 mn in Q1 2019
- Mumbai, 22nd April 2019: 12 more nuclear power plants in India soon, says Department of Atomic Energy chief
- Chandigarh, 22nd April 2019: Panel pulls up power dept for not introducing time-of-day tariff
- Nagpur, 22nd April 2019: Crops and Villagers choke on fumes from Koradi Thermal Power Station
- Mumbai, 22nd April 2019: Parts of island city power-less for three hours on Easter Sunday
- Dehradun, 21st April 2019: Uttarakhand brace for eight hour power cuts from this week
- New Delhi, 20th April 2019: Lenders to power projects invoke IBC norms to keep stressed assets in NCLT
SMART ENERGY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (SEMS)
3. SEMS Device
is the intelligent metering device which is connected next to the Main Utility power supply, Back up Gen-sets or any individual feeder. The SEMS device precisely measures the energy parameters at various nodes or at various equipment installed at the premises, and uses the meter’s communication port to fetch the data to the logger which is further communicateswith the main server via reliable communication channel. The data will be accessible at the web browser only to the authorised clients.
Contains a 0.2s Class meter with a data logger along and a communication unit, all equipped in a single non-rustable and durable pvcenclosure. The required CT/PT & power supply connections are sorted on one side of the enclosurefor easy wiring.
SEMS web portal
Allows to visualise the real time data as well as historical data from a minute resolution to an hourly data interval. Report generation facility are also available with custom time range (daily, yesterday, last month or any prescribed time)
List of the energy parameters available on the web portal are listed as annexure -1 of this document.
4. Key Benefits for SEMS in Open Access Trading:
|| Reduce exposure and pilferage by accurate 15 min slot bidding 30 days
|Base Line Monitoring
|| 30 days Baseline creation to keep track of spikes and hence align the bid accordingly
|| Demand Management or load shifting in case of deviation from bid
|| Optimize the energy cost per strategic business unit by managing the cheapest source and aligning the processes
|| Manage Power Factor & Contract demand penalties
|Web Based Access
|| Remotely manage more than one location using the web based access
5. Applications of SEMS:
5.1 Class 0.2s Package:
The Class 0.2s package is an intelligent solution for open access consumer which helps in precise monitoring and controlling power consumption for the purpose of effective energy sale/purchase activities (Open Access Trading).The system will provide a real time accounting of energy consumption or generation in KW/KWH along with the other parameters (as mentioned in the annexure -1) for every 15 minutes time block thereby helping in Base line monitoring and increasing accuracy in bidding.